Off Trail Riding?

Krislk87

Hey just wondering if any one knows if there are any spots around the Houghton area to do any off trail riding?

1fujifilm

Hey just wondering if any one knows if there are any spots around the Houghton area to do any off trail riding?

Hello,
I can't talk too in depth but drove through twin lakes, the off-trail capital of the area and tracks were few; why? Low snow is my guess, would wants to hit a stump? Fyi, I stayed on trail.
Bear

Krislk87

OK thanks I didn't know if there were any areas at all. We are planning a trip but my buddy said that off trail was illegal in MI. We normally ride in the Black Hills or WY so not familiar with the area.

vmax1994

Of course there is off trail however don't expect anyone to tell you their spots. Locations are limited so people want to save their spots. Also, promotion of off trail makes all us boondockers nervous that they will clamp down further on it.

apholbrook

Go into town and spend money at one of the power sport dealers or at some of the local restaurants/bars (spending money seems to help get on their good side) then ask them where you can ride of trail. It worked for us and we've been going back and spending more money as often as we can.

frosty

Go into town and spend money at one of the power sport dealers or at some of the local restaurants/bars (spending money seems to help get on their good side) then ask them where you can ride of trail. It worked for us and we've been going back and spending more money as often as we can.
Isn't it funny, they tell all the good spots are with the stumps and huge rocks that you don't see till the last second, there goes another a arm! Off trailing does require more money! New heat exchanger for me last season on my M!