Off trail tickets

kendrick

I heard through the grape vine that the DNR are handing out tickets for off trail riding. I haven't had a chance to read the Michigan trespass laws yet. Just wondering if someone can give some input to this issue. I certainly don't want to break the law or upset a landowner. TIA

sMgE46M

I heard through the grape vine that the DNR are handing out tickets for off trail riding. I haven't had a chance to read the Michigan trespass laws yet. Just wondering if someone can give some input to this issue. I certainly don't want to break the law or upset a landowner. TIA

there are several posts in MISC.

yes people have been stating getting ticketed or off trail riding.

pro tc

Sitting in the hot tub at the Ramada in Hancock last Saturday night some guys were talking about a land owner pulling a gun on them south of town. Might want to think about that before riding where you not welcome.

sounder

Guys, please don't ride in places you aren't welcome! Not only is there the possibility of a ticket, or getting shot (***?!?), but you'll cause us to all lose the trail. If the guy is angry enough to get a gun, he will definitely not give us a trail right-of-way.

People are kind enough to let us ride across their property, please respect what they ask of us. Your little bit of fun can ruin it for everyone. There are plenty of places where off-trail riding is allowed... stick to those spots please... for the sake of the rest of us.

whitedust

My experience with DNR dragnets is they will hyper ticket you for offense then figure it out later in court. Just the way it is with dragnets...