Officially in vintage. Need keys!

lotoftoys

Ok so officially in vintage game. All three decent shape and all there. 1970 Nordic , 1978 TNT 440 and 1979 5500. (TNT and 5500) do not have keys / not found yet. Can anyone help me out here?

skiroule

Probably just as fast (and just as cheap) to replace the switches with new ones w/keys. Think mfgsupply.com has switches that will work. Here's switch numbers I found on their website for manual start switches:

Part# 01-139 69 - 78 TNT
Part# 01-160 79 - 81 Blizzard 5500

Even though they claim to fit, I would still compare yours very carefully to the website photos to make sure the terminals look like they match before you order anything. Electrical parts can be tough to return.

If you just want to see if the sleds run, just unplug the ignition switch and use the kill switch to control the engine spark.

lotoftoys

Thanks Skiroule, will do. Plenty of cleaning and fuel system cleaning ect checks before firing. These have been sitting on a trailer in a shed for 24 years. Real dusty but all there and straight. Going to be a fun but challenging project. Sure I will be full of needed advice! Thanks