Oil Consumption on 2007 600 EFI Polaris

accobra66

I realize there is a seperate thread running on oil and gas consumtpion on the new Rush's. But, I am wondering what people get on the 2007's?

I have a 600 EFI Switchback that I purchased about this time last year. I was not able to ride it until this year and work has kept me from putting more than 800 miles on it. My question is in regard to the serious amount of oil this thing consumes. I am getting in the range of 80 miles per quart of oil and about 12 - 13 mpg on gas. This weekend was real sticky so the gas consumption really could not be measured fairly. This being said though, I rode with a friend that has a 2003 600 Carb Polaris and he gets nearly 2x the distance on the same quart of oil.

Wondering what is going on here?

oldguy

I had 2 2007 600CFI’s one was around 90 miles per quart the other was around 120 miles per quart. It sounds to me yours is set a bit rich

kraven700

I realize there is a seperate thread running on oil and gas consumtpion on the new Rush's. But, I am wondering what people get on the 2007's?

I have a 600 EFI Switchback that I purchased about this time last year. I was not able to ride it until this year and work has kept me from putting more than 800 miles on it. My question is in regard to the serious amount of oil this thing consumes. I am getting in the range of 80 miles per quart of oil and about 12 - 13 mpg on gas. This weekend was real sticky so the gas consumption really could not be measured fairly. This being said though, I rode with a friend that has a 2003 600 Carb Polaris and he gets nearly 2x the distance on the same quart of oil.

Wondering what is going on here?

Look at my TECH TIPS FOR 600/700/800 CFI thread on here.

Pics posted all the info on how to re-adjust

My 2007 DRAGON 700 was 37:1, 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 turns on the 10mm jam nuts down near the oil pump (a P.I.T.A. to get to) and I'm at 57:1 for the last 3500 miles and I'm comfortable with that

swampcat

oil use

Im with kraven, mine is set at 60-1. I know, I checked and set it. Good for at least 140 miles per quart. Can do a 400 mile weekend and the oil light is starting to flicker. 8000+ miles on it. Dont tell INDY, but most of it has been on,drumroll please- SEA and SNOW.