Old school BMX bikes

catalac

I'm taking a shot in the dark but a few years ago, I talked with a regular on this site and I think he lived in the UP. Anyway, he had a couple bikes that I wanted to buy but lost track of him.
Just trying to find him thats all.
Thanks

harvest1121

My brother has a little collection but rides most of them. This is a 87 0r 89 Gt Pro Freestyle that he found most of the parts he used in the day. He has 3-4k in this . But would pay 6k for a perfect one in pink. He always had to have 2 identical Haro's because one was always broke.
gt3.jpg gt1.jpg

chunk06

unbelievable what some of these prices are on old school bmx and freestyle bikes and parts. The amount of stuff I tossed in the garbage or scrap bin makes me sick! If I remember right I sold my last bikes for around $50 each

beavers33

In 2020, while Illinois was shut-down during COVID and having to work remotely, I got my childhood BMX bike out of the basement and rebuilt it for my son.

1985 Schwinn Predator Nighthawk, Smoke Chrome
GT Handlebars and Stem
Haro 2 piece 175mm cranks
Shot Gun II plastic seat
Dia-Compe MX 1000 rear brake
ZeroNine number plate

Re-spoke the Red ACS Z-Rims and put them in box, along with a complete Maxy Cross 3 piece 170MM crank set

Purchased some new Red SE Racing rims and a Sun-Tour Free wheel, Genuine Mitsubishi Comp III Gumwall tires, Dia-Compe MX 1000 front brake, and a different seat, for him to use.

It is great to have it back in working condition and see him riding it.

Would post a picture but the file keeps saying to large.

Hoosier

In 2020, while Illinois was shut-down during COVID and having to work remotely, I got my childhood BMX bike out of the basement and rebuilt it for my son.

1985 Schwinn Predator Nighthawk, Smoke Chrome
GT Handlebars and Stem
Haro 2 piece 175mm cranks
Shot Gun II plastic seat
Dia-Compe MX 1000 rear brake
ZeroNine number plate

Re-spoke the Red ACS Z-Rims and put them in box, along with a complete Maxy Cross 3 piece 170MM crank set

Purchased some new Red SE Racing rims and a Sun-Tour Free wheel, Genuine Mitsubishi Comp III Gumwall tires, Dia-Compe MX 1000 front brake, and a different seat, for him to use.

It is great to have it back in working condition and see him riding it.

Would post a picture but the file keeps saying to large.
That's awesome. I have my predator in the attic. Want to rebuild it some day. Not sure what year but it has to be about the same as that.

It's turquoise and green and blue and all those colors. I think I'd like to start with repainting it. Not sure ho wmuch money I want to put into it.

Lenny

I'm taking a shot in the dark but a few years ago, I talked with a regular on this site and I think he lived in the UP. Anyway, he had a couple bikes that I wanted to buy but lost track of him.
Just trying to find him thats all.
Thanks
What’s up brotha! I still have BMX stuff. Sold lots of it