Olympic Hockey Gold Medal this year? whos winning?!

robinson

since the games are in canada this year the biggest sport is obviously hockey so who do you guys think will take home the gold? Russia and Canada are supposed to be the favorites in the tourney since the US won Gold in the World Junior Tournament up in saskatchewan. Lets hear the thoughts!

Thanks

snowman2

Well I would like to say usa, but if you really look at the rosters it should be no contest canada is loaded ussr maybe a shot usa will be playing for bronze at best I say bring back the college kids much better that way. But USA women have a great shot at gold

no1_pro

Latvia wins Gold

Im going with Latvia winning the Gold. You can take it to the bank.

And I agree bring back the college kids. It was much better.

We see enough of the NHL players as the season runs darn near to the 4th of July for a winter sport.

Pro

jd

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know, the teams from Bermuda and the Cayman Islands also look pretty tough to beat this year.

But seriously, not sure who will take the gold, but as far as pro vs. amateur I see good in both, but since the Olympics have dropped their "amateur status only" regulations, then we may as well showcase the best in the world all going at each other. Just need to figure out how to make it for real for these guys and not have them worry about ruining their pro careers and let them practice with each other long enough that they can form some cohesion.

-John

robinson

Great call John!

and yes I would love for the US team to win but i think its going to be either Canada or Russia, they both have unbelievable lineups.. gonna be interesting!

G

G

Canada will win it all. Men's Hockey, Women's Hockey, Luge, Curling, LaBatts drinking and Freestyle Snoboarding. Home field advantage.