Once Upon a Child Franchise

Hey John,

Huge fan. I was wondering if there was a market for gently used baby clothes and equipment in the Keweenaw? Wondered if the population drops off bigtime in the winter? Also, if the area has alot of infants, toddler and kids in general. My brother and I have been successful in Valparaiso In. and want to open more stores. He's a Summer Guy and I'm a winter guy. Thought we could rotate seasons up there if there is a market for it. Getting him convinced is easy, would work on my wife next.

jd

Administrator
Staff member
This is kind of a tough one to answer.

I guess first off, the population base is very small up here, so the more specialized a business is, the harder it will be to drum up customers. With that said, there are quiet a few infants, toddlers and kids in the Houghton area due to the Tech Campus and all the grad students and professors there.

The population does not drop too dramatically from summer to winter. We do have snow birds that fly south for the winter, but they are mainly retirees and not families with children.

I think you would just need to come up and spend some time up here and see if we have the demographics that would support your business.

-John