Parkview Lodge

polaris62

A couple of friends and I just returned from a trip to Twin Lakes and a stay at the Lodge. Yesterday in my mailbox was a bill for a hundred dollar cleaning fee the letter stated that house cleaning had said we had been smoking in the room and it was a fee for cleaning our room. Yes all three of us smoke and they have a notice about the smoking policy at the front desk so that in mind our room had a front and back door so we would do our smoking on the back porch area, so when I opened this letter I was like what the ****. Silly me I see the letter and assumed it was a letter thanking us for our stay,quess not. I was a little disappointed to say the least as we all found the lodge to be a great place to stay. The room was good the food was good and they have a bar right there for cocktails since I wont drink and ride this is the type of place I like to stay at. I quess I just needed to vent and was wondering if this had happened to anyone else. Had I known they were going to charge us the fee anyway I sure wouldnt of been standing in the cold to smoke thats for sure I would of sat on the bed and enjoyed the warmth of the room. The truly frustrating part is we're heading back in a couple weeks and I was going to call today to make reservations and I'm not sure what to do now. I plan on talking to the manager today so who knows but I have little hope.

olsmann

I would call them first and see if you can work it out. Im sure they are reasonable people and want your return bussiness. I do know that a room can smell of smoke pretty bad from 3 guys that smoke even if they didnt smoke in the room. I used to smoke and know i can smell it a mile away when i never noticed it before. Smokers do not realize just how noticeble it is to non smokers. Maybe the cleaning crew mentioned it to mgmt with out telling them it was faint. I bet if you call them it will be fine.

polaris62

Well im happy to report that after talking to the manager and explaining the situation she took the charge off my card. This sure makes me feel much better as I stated we really enjoyed our stay there and pulled out of the parking lot intent on staying there again. Thank you Parkview for understanding I know I will be back again.