Partly Cloudy vs Party Sunny?

indianaskidoo

What is the difference between a partly cloudy day and partly sunny day? Does it just depend on your point of view ....like is the glass half empty or half full or is there more to it?
Thanks

jd

Administrator
Staff member
I honestly do not know what the specific definition is, but I do know that both include some clouds in the sky, but not totally overcast. The main difference would be that in partly cloudy skies you have more clear areas than cloudy areas in the sky and with partly sunny, you have more clouds than clear areas.

-John

russholio

What is the difference between a partly cloudy day and partly sunny day? Does it just depend on your point of view ....like is the glass half empty or half full or is there more to it?
Thanks

Often wondered that myself....good question, indeed!

I honestly do not know what the specific definition is, but I do know that both include some clouds in the sky, but not totally overcast. The main difference would be that in partly cloudy skies you have more clear areas than cloudy areas in the sky and with partly sunny, you have more clouds than clear areas.

-John

Kinda what I suspected.....thanks for clearing it up, John! (pun intended)

polarisrider1

-John
That makes sense! Thank you John. (I think I asked you that question way back).