Phelps conditions

shift08

I am coming up to Phelps on Thursday through the weekend . What is the best direction to go from there ? We like to ride over towards Alvin Nelma but want to avoid the road trail that leads over by the Elvoy bar . Also don't really want to buy a Michigan sticker for one weekend . Suggestions on a good loop .

whitedust

I am coming up to Phelps on Thursday through the weekend . What is the best direction to go from there ? We like to ride over towards Alvin Nelma but want to avoid the road trail that leads over by the Elvoy bar . Also don't really want to buy a Michigan sticker for one weekend . Suggestions on a good loop .

Any direction you are good..Do you mean Kaine Lake Road? If so maybe you are missing the trail 6e/10e & taking Kaine Lake to 10W. If you are major wrong way a good 10 miles on that washed out road trail. I stay off that at all costs even in fresh snow no idea why anyone would ride it but many do I'm thinking they are confused by markings think it is the way to 3 lakes which it is ....the bad way...lol. Look for trail on left going south on short road connection take the long way to 3lakes but all trail not the road. I know marking is confusing but once you learn it only way to go to 3 lakes from Phelps 70 miles or so to Sunset Grill ,gas at Shell, come back same way some of the best twistys ever, very tight at times,big trees, then over Rt 70 eventually will open up to Kimball straights if you do it right....enjoy.:)

whitedust

Phelps 6 SUCKED today was just ok early this morning then was awful at 5pm after 200 + miles in UP. Stutters were deep & rattled your brains at speed....just awful! ....no excuse for this shameful imo. :( Brule River system was perfect 1st sled thru fresh groom ...way to go 3 lakes!! :)