Phillips, WI

miked

Anyone know the conditions around Phillips/Price Co? I've never ridden there, but it looks like a decent option. Need a place to stay and some recommendations on where to ride. Thanks!
-mike

beerchug

We rode from Prentice north to pike lake then over to Vilas and back down to Prentice Saturday the 6th. It was real good except close to phillips it got pretty choppy and I see there has not been a trail report from the phillips chapperell ' s in awhile so not sure if they are dealing with a breakdown or what. Definitely worth the trip.

groomerdriver

Thanks guys...booked a place just north of Phillips. Can't wait to give it a try.

GREAT area! Be prepared to see lots of "winding trail" signs. West side of the county is very scenic. Like another poster said, don't pass up opportunities to gas up.

zert100

We rode from Prentice north to pike lake then over to Vilas and back down to Prentice Saturday the 6th. It was real good except close to phillips it got pretty choppy and I see there has not been a trail report from the phillips chapperell ' s in awhile so not sure if they are dealing with a breakdown or what. Definitely worth the trip.

beerchug,

Did you by chance ride TR 12 west of Phillips towards Oneida Co.? We are planning on riding from Phillips to Hurley on Friday and were hoping to come down from Hurley through Pike/Round lake and south on 10 to Bucksnort and back west to Phillips on Tr 12 on Sat.

beerchug

Yes, 12 east of phillips was a bit choppy But should be better now. We ran 5 south to bucksnort and it was awesome. Take 19 north to pike lake from 12 and that is one of my favorite trails with a mix of straight aways and corners it's a blast.

zert100

Yes, 12 east of phillips was a bit choppy But should be better now. We ran 5 south to bucksnort and it was awesome. Take 19 north to pike lake from 12 and that is one of my favorite trails with a mix of straight aways and corners it's a blast.

That is great to hear! I just talked to a gal at Bucksnort and she said they rode to Phillips yesterday on 12W and it was great. Things are looking good. We plan on taking 5S from Pike on our way down Sat. Thank you for the report!