Pics from a beer truck. Pembine/Dunbar/Goodman. Here ya go Cutterz. LOTS of pics!!

mikes99ss

I guess it all depends on how bad you want to go. Some thin spots, some bumpy ungroomed spots but, some spots that look good too. I know its a ton of pics but I feel for a guy several hundred miles away trying to make a decision. IMG_20160111_073357273.jpg IMG_20160111_074634452.jpg IMG_20160111_080934367.jpg IMG_20160111_101649438.jpg IMG_20160111_115241200.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_20160111_115514008_HDR.jpg IMG_20160111_115527294.jpg IMG_20160111_123351919_HDR.jpg IMG_20160111_123657722_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

attack_06

Looks good enough to ride thin but oh well gonna be that way this year can't be any worse than that over by eagle river too

Thanks For the Pics!!!!:):p A good variety of views:) Also Florence just opened today at 8 A.M. Now I just have to find lodging for the wife and me... Any suggestions??? Cabin (if possible). All that has chimed in a Big HAPPY "THANK YOU"

bheld

Heading up this weekend myself. Staying at Richards in Dunbar. Nothing fancy, but clean, reasonably priced and good food for breakfast and dinner right next door.

In Iron Mountain for business. Took a ride after work to Florence and Iron River. Trails are all groomed and not a snowmobile track on them. Very rideable imo.

HH

mikes99ss

If you looking for hotel with pool/hot tub then comfort inn or holiday inn both have trail access in Iron Mountain. If your looking for clean no frills then Richards in Dunbar. (Bar/Resturaunt on property)As far as a cabin i personally don't know of any but if you call North County bar in Dunbar and ask for Diane she will know.

blkhwkbob

Forgot the name, but there is a perfect little motel in Florence right on the trail with a gas station in front of it. Nicolet Motel?

lt250rfd

^^^^^ Nicolet Motel, behind the BP

Thanks for all the great pictures, heading up Friday but debating on whether to head to western yoop.

packerlandrider

I drove through this area as well yesterday afternoon (Pembine - Dunbar - Florence) and saw a lot of the same trail crossings that mike posted pictures of. As I told me parents afterwards, at this point I wouldn't expect great conditions for an entire day of riding, but a nice 60-80 mile shake down ride is completely realistic, especially if you stay on trails that get groomed throughout the summer (ATV trails). In this sense, the best trails I saw were those on summer groomed forest roads and the RR grade west of Florence, the worst trails were those in ditches or swamps that are not used in the summer.

bheld

Tough call - was planning on heading up this weekend based in Dunbar, but looks like a pretty narrow area of decent trails. Maybe Alvin and towards 3 lakes, but sounds like Crandon and Laona are pretty bad. Decisions, decisions...