Pictures from a Vintage Show

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
One of our local clubs, the Wollf's Pack held their annual show this weekend. I snapped a few pics of the vintage entries I think you'll enjoy.

This first one is from the days when you could walk in to a JC Penney store and buy a new snowmobile.
snow10.jpg
snow9.jpg
Thanks Rodney, she's a beaut but looks like a sad little snowmobile. Maybe just shy.

snow7.jpg
It'd be a gas to ride one of these, I can't imagine what it would feel like.
snow6.jpg

snow3.jpg
snow5.jpg

snow8.jpg
That's one Clean Cat right there. Very nice!

snow2.jpg
And lastly, the 68 Ski Daddler. 372 JLO Super Scout. Notice the spring loaded kick stand for when you wanted to warm her up.​

mnystrom

One of our local clubs, the Wollf's Pack held their annual show this weekend. I snapped a few pics of the vintage entries I think you'll enjoy.

This first one is from the days when you could walk in to a JC Penney store and buy a new snowmobile.
View attachment 66816
View attachment 66817
Thanks Rodney, she's a beaut but looks like a sad little snowmobile. Maybe just shy.

View attachment 66818
It'd be a gas to ride one of these, I can't imagine what it would feel like.
View attachment 66819

View attachment 66820
View attachment 66821

View attachment 66822
That's one Clean Cat right there. Very nice!

View attachment 66823
And lastly, the 68 Ski Daddler. 372 JLO Super Scout. Notice the spring loaded kick stand for when you wanted to warm her up.​
Thank you! great vintage stuff

skiroule

Very cool stuff. Wonder how many people actually went to J.C. Penny's for a sled. My brother bought a Sears Sportster (aka Polaris Charger) in 1972, heavy but it stood up to his abuse. Been on a couple of rides with Raiders, deceptively fast.

Those were the days. The local jewelry store sold sleds and motorcycles for a few years in my home town. The plumber had sleds as well.

skiroule

Those were the days. The local jewelry store sold sleds and motorcycles for a few years in my home town. The plumber had sleds as well.
This is pretty funny and reminded me of my home town. The guy that had the Standard gas station sold Alouette and the bait shop guy sold Chaparral. Don’t think they were real strong on warranty work and repairs.

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
You guys are giving me some flashbacks here. A School Bus driver in town sold Scorpions. Local Car Dealer had Ski Doo and the small town garage had Rupps. A couple of guys that poured basements in the summer sold Cats in the winter.

mezz

This must have been the thing back in the day. I guess with the growing popularity with snowmobiles & so many mfg out there, it was an avenue to make a little extra money. It just occurred to me that a local full service gas station named Blinker Light Service in Lake Linden sold Sno-Jet. The owners son now has a personal collection of restored & some unrestored Sno-Jet sleds. Fond memories of when his Dad had the dealership. Good times.

Last edited: