Follow sizing limit of 640x480
Browse for your pic on your computer
Click and upload.

Read full directions on the start page of "General Discussions."

vmaxal

Think I got it this time...

50916.jpg

shawn

JUST THINKING BACK THAT SHOT HAVE TO ASK YOUR SOUTH OF SOUTH RANGE JUST TURNED OFF THE TRAIL ONTO THE POWER LINES GOOD PLAY SPOT IF THATS THE SPOT YOU CAN GET NICE AIR THERE

F

frnash/phx,

Yes, you effectively put them in the message box. Not directly, but by including one or more formatting tags like this:

\image{text}

in the Add a Message dialog box (one for each image), along with any accompanying text.

When you click the Preview/Post Message button, the preview will show a place holder for each image, showing its placement among any accompanying text.

Verify and or edit the message if necessary (using the Revise your Message dialog box) and click on the Preview/Post Message button again, etc.

When you are satisfied with the message format as shown in the preview, then click Post this Message button, and you will be given an opportunity to Browse for each image on your PC, and upload 'em.

F

frnash/phx,

<font color="0000ff">sledder4lif:
"&#0133; so how do you get the pic into the add message box"</font>

You don't put the pic in the message box, you just put one or more of the formatting tags, in the message box (as noted in my previous message) &#0151; they each serve as a cue to the forum software that you want to include an image, and where each such image is to be placed within the body of the message.

Later, during the final Post Message process, each such formatting tag will cause you to be presented with a Browse tool that you will use to find and upload the actual image from your PC.

The formatting tag looks like this:

\image{text} <font face="symbol">¬</font> (put all that in the message box)

Note that if you are including more than one image in your message, using a unique "text" value in each formatting tag will cause that unique text value to be used in the associated Browse prompt, so you can tell which image each Browse prompt is expecting you to find.

There are two phases of message processing here:
1. Entering, previewing and possibly editing and previewing your message several times until you have it right &#0151; this includes verifying the position that each image will eventually occupy within the message by means of image "place holders" that will appear in the preview window.

2. The actual posting of the message, which includes finding and uploading each image, when prompted by a Browse prompt that is triggered by each \image{text} formatting tag found in your message.

john

sledder4lif-

Sorry that the image posting ritual is so difficult on the board. Just one of the downfalls of the software. I would change, but that would cause the 5000+ registered users to have to sign up all over again.

Anyway. I do have some very descriptive instructions on how to post a picture. Go to the rules page for the discussion board. On that you will find a link to the directions on how to post an image. Right click on that link and choose either "open in a new tab" or "open in a new window". Then you can go back to the tab or window that has the rules page on it, click into the discussion board and create a message in which you want to post a pic. You will have the directions opened in another browser tab or window and can flip between the two to go through the process.

It is a little foregin at first, but once you do it a few times it becomes second nature.

Good luck!

-John

vmaxal

Shawn,
You are correct, that first pic is on the hills off the trail by South Range. GOOD EYE!
It is just on the powerline near the North Freida Loop turn-off, I would say "north" of South Range.