Point Beach State Park Campground

jr37

I think we are going to try to go to Point Beach State Park Campground this summer. What are the sites like, wooded or open, what area do you recommend? What should we look for?

Thanks for any advice,
-Jon

azandy

It's right on the water. Nice. Sites are a little small.
Be nice in mid summer. Wait for the big pond to warm up a little.

vectorman

make sure that all coolers are put away at night,in vehicle as the racoons like to open and steel the food. I went there 2 years ago and had 2 doz corn cobs ,2 doz hot-dogs, 5lbs of brats at 1 visit by those little masked bandits. It was funny at the time but a little expensive to replace as that was the first night of our week long stay.

vectorman

Also make sure you bring lots or bug spray as the woods are close and always wet,and at night when the wind switches off the lake you need warm cloths.

steve1

My wife and I go there every year, it is a great place. It does fill up fast though so make sure you make reservations way ahead of time.

jr37

Just got home from Point Beach. Very possibly our new favorite campground. We were there 3 nights, 4 days. The bugs were not to bad, but far from gone. Temps were good, although warm and humid when we left this morning. We will definately go back again some time.