Polaris 600 top end power loss

Finally got the first ride in this past weekend. Noticed that my sled (2015 polaris indy 600) falls on its face at 65-80 mph. Seems to have normal power up to that point. Then the power band just disappears and I don't get much over 80 mph. Sled was always a 100mph sled with no problem. I'll have a third throttle left and it does nothing. Now last year i broke a clutch spring in the primary and then noticed I was down 20 ish psi. Ran it another weekend after replacing the clutch spring then Rebuilt with new pistons, rings, cylinder and a new head. Any idea what could be my current issue? Sled starts easy, idles great and seems to run great up till 60-80mph. Could it be fuel predsure? Primary or secondary issue? Exhaust valves? Any help would be great.

MKW

Definitely exhaust valves...either they need cleaning or you have a torn billow allowing cylinder pressure to leak and not open valves properly...

I pulled the exhaust valves and they didn't look too bad. Springs seem to be in good shape and nothing bad jumped put at me when looking at the bellows. I will finish cleaning them and inspecting but nothing seems wrong with them from what I can tell

indy_500

Silly question but is the primary spring you put in the correct spring? I know the 15 clutching is drastically different from the 14s on indy 600s. Belt worn out? Belt deflection off (belt sunk down in secondary?)

I thought I ordered the correct spring but I definitely could have been wrong. Do you know what part number it is supposed to be? Belt deflection is good. And belt only has a thousand or two miles on it

euphoric1

I would think weak or loss of compression would wield its ugly face at start up and idle, if it starts fine and idles fine especially after warm up I wouldnt think compression would be to blame because you would see starting and idle issues first before loss of power at top end, especially that drastic.

hybrid

I would think weak or loss of compression would wield its ugly face at start up and idle, if it starts fine and idles fine especially after warm up I wouldnt think compression would be to blame because you would see starting and idle issues first before loss of power at top end, especially that drastic.
a major or total loss of compression would show at idle yes weak not necessarily
these engines do not have very high compression to begin with
these engines SHOULD go 8k without a top end rblt
and yes some do not
that is why i asked for before and after #s
i have this exact same sled well mine is the anniversary edition with 6800 smiles and have not had any major issues yet
hopefully he got it figured out trails are great now
bad time of year to be wrenching

Still chasing the problem... I found I had a roller that was shot in the clutch so I thought that'd be it. Got a different clutch and now it tops at 90ish. But then falls on its face again. Used to be able to hit 100 with out a problem. Compression is 128psi on each side. I've tried a new belt and grabbed the secondary off my dad's sled (same model and year) and it didn't make a difference. His sled has just shy of 11k miles, original everything and will fly right past me at top end. My sled used to be faster than his. Exhaust valves and billows look good. I'm changing the external fuel filter now and gonna ride this weekend to see if there is any change. I'm running out of ideas.. could dirty injectors cause this problem?

dakota

not sure where you parked the sled over the summer, but could a mouse have nested in the exhaust? this back pressure will kill your top end. although if you've been running it you'd think it would have blown or burnt our by now, but worth checking.