Polaris hyfax

2003polaris

I have a 2003 Polaris classic 600 touring, my hyfax wear a lot at the curve in front. Is this always common on Polaris? I have the track loose. What should be the tension for track. It's probably 1 1/8 free sagging now 16 inches from back wheel. Any suggestions? No wheel kit offered for this sled. Thanks

snake

what kind of shape are the track clips in? are they pitted from off season rust? get some scratchers on it!!

stormrider3

1 to 1.25 inches sagging at a point 16" forward of the rear axle with a 10lb weight
Every sled I have ever owned has the most hyfax wear at the curve, that's why there are always wheels in that area.

loosen till it ratchets then tighten till it don't. don't forget to season/ harden your new hyfax. I also will move my wheels around if it wears too much in one spot

kraven700

I have a 2003 Polaris classic 600 touring, my hyfax wear a lot at the curve in front. Is this always common on Polaris? I have the track loose. What should be the tension for track. It's probably 1 1/8 free sagging now 16 inches from back wheel. Any suggestions? No wheel kit offered for this sled. Thanks

Make sure to use only the WHITE POLARIS Hyfax's

The generic hyfax's and the colored ones simply don't last

soxfan3

X2 on white hyfax. Colored ones look better, but don't last as long. And yes, try to "break in' new hyfax to harden them.