Portable Dock Caddy for gas

pclark

I am selling this Dock Caddy for gasoline. These retail for upwards of $350 new. Mine is in great shape, it is gravity fed, I put a brand new 10ft hose on it and I am asking $250 for it. It's made by Tempo and capacity is 29 gallons. I live in Manitowish Waters, WI and that is where it's located for pick up.

1675451240889.png
1675451265736.png
1675451284786.png

whitedust

Just curious. I often thought of buying one of these for filling boats but wondered how I could fill it and then get it on and off my pick up truck. How do you do it?

dfattack

When empty lift it up into the bed of the truck. When fill back up to a hill or something similar and slide it off slowly onto the ground. With no hill (which I have) I would imagine two people to lower off the back.

united

About 175 lbs of gas and 20? lbs for the tank itself makes almost 200 lbs. A little unwieldy for us these days. 2 man job. Or use snowmobile trailer with ramp or 1 or 2 place tilt trailer seems the only other way. Hill idea seems plausible. Some type of lift system but that is getting to be too much unless already have it. Carrying or wheeling two six gallon tanks might be the best answer but still PITA. Other solution (depending on tank size) pull the boat, fill to the top, and relaunch. Or pay the extra rip off and go to gas pier.

united

Find a go getter or approach a marine, jump through hoops for permits, and finance a gas barge. Enough profit for free gas for life, boat maintenance and storage, beer money, and maybe enough left over for a new sled. Haha.

dfattack

About 175 lbs of gas and 20? lbs for the tank itself makes almost 200 lbs. A little unwieldy for us these days. 2 man job. Or use snowmobile trailer with ramp or 1 or 2 place tilt trailer seems the only other way. Hill idea seems plausible. Some type of lift system but that is getting to be too much unless already have it. Carrying or wheeling two six gallon tanks might be the best answer but still PITA. Other solution (depending on tank size) pull the boat, fill to the top, and relaunch. Or pay the extra rip off and go to gas pier.
It is a heavy tank but it has wheels and a handles which help a lot. The hill does work as I do it every summer. We don't have a marina on our chain so everyone has to to figure out their own way to fill their boats mid summer. A friend of mine showed me the hill trick and it works.

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
It is a heavy tank but it has wheels and a handles which help a lot. The hill does work as I do it every summer. We don't have a marina on our chain so everyone has to to figure out their own way to fill their boats mid summer. A friend of mine showed me the hill trick and it works.
or one of these that attaches to your hitch.

carrier.jpg

pclark

Just curious. I often thought of buying one of these for filling boats but wondered how I could fill it and then get it on and off my pick up truck. How do you do it?
I would just load it on my snowmobile trailer when I had to go deliver or pickup something, trailer has a ramp.