Portage County Ice Wars!

xcr440

Two big days of USSA-sanctioned snomobile races at the Amherst Fairgrounds January 2nd and 3rd!

Was named the "Race of the Year" last year by the USSA Board of Directors because of its 200+ racers and 2000+ spectators.

There are also kid races sponsored by the Wisconsin Kids Snowmobile Racing Association (WSRA).

If you want more details, go to their website: www.portagecountyicewars.com

I live 10 minutes from there, and have 3 open bedrooms for any snowmobilers who would want to come to the event, or even trailer their sleds here and have a place to stay, a place to cook food, a place to crash, and I'm only a couple ditches away from the trail system.

Shoot me a mail, and we can discuss!

xcr440

Rumor has it they are. They plowed the parking area yesterday, and the guys were saying they want to open the South East part, Zone 4, for the Ice Wars. However, that won't get you there from Rapids, they'd need Zone 2 to open for that.

Is Wood County open? I didn't think they were, though Adams is I heard.

You can try the Portage County hotline later today the way it sounds, 715-343-6277.

I'm hoping we get a couple inches out of this little wisp coming our way today, that might do it.

azmod13

thanks for the info, wood county last i checked is not open but i can see the trails are groomed. last i heard they were waiting to get 4 more inches then the rain came.

adams county is open, rode them saturday night and they were pretty bad, hard and icy. lets pray to the snow goddess, thanks again

azmod13

hey kevin just wanted to give you an update, wood county will open its trails tommorow morning at 8 am for the east side of the river ONLY....

xcr440

Wow, that's not much of Wood County. That just might be in conjuction with the Ice Wars, so you could get there by sled. I know that's what they wanted to do in Portage County at least.

snowshoe

The link didnt work for me but the article said. I crossed I39 around 9am and the trail said closed yet.

Some snowmobile trails in zone 3 that are south of Hwy 54 and trails in Zone 4 south of and including the Tomorrow River State Trail will also open Thursday morning. All other trails will remain closed until the area receives more snow, Speckmann said.