pregnant bartender with an attitude

tspeth111

I saw a post here on JD about this pregnant bartender with an attitude at the Parkview. So we thought we would go and check it out. I don’t believe a lot of what I read on here from arrogant snowmobilers.
We did and had a blast. This girl worked her but off and took great care to us. Parkview rooms were full and she found us rooms at another place…gave us Rolaids…bought us a shot… She had a great attitude and was a lot of fun.
Next time you see her tell her about this post from Tom in Indy and remind her not all snowmobilers are jerks.
Treat these people with respect people!

Firecatguy

dont remember seeing said thread.......we where there over the summer......we have had good serv there and WE HAVE HAD AN ATTITUDE GIVEN TO US too.........love there apple wood steak thing....mmmmmmgooood........what i dont like to hear is "tell her not all sledders are jerks" if someone thinks that or even said that maybe just maybe they might look into a different line of work, not so close to the sledding public.......

we just got back from a trip where the reports are the owner of the lodge is sick of customers and has bad attitude....well he does and it kinda suked!!!!

blutooth

Not to defend any actual situation - I've had bad experiences lots of times, but I almost always give a place a second chance. Everybody has bad days, and especially in the Yoop where jobs are limited give people a break.

Remember you are on vacation - RELAX. You can alwasy go home and get all stressed out about something, but I for one try to leave it there.

I'm glad this thread was started to make a counterpoint to the previous thread...

blutooth

jr37

You also have to realize that these people also put up with some real jerks. There are sledders out there that do give these nice people a hard time. I've seen it and I've heard stories. Just this week someone at work was bragging about walking into a bar and spitting on the bar before even asking for a drink, and thought it was funny that they were kicked out right away. And then proceded to brag about how many bars they were kicked out of that weekend.

After so much of this type of behavior, businesses, waitresses, bartenders, etc., will grow tired of it. Then we may unjustly recieve the backlash from someone elses actions. Just because you are spending money as a tourist does not give you the right to act anyway you want. If everyone gives respect, we will all recieve respect in return.

xcr440

Never could figure out why people leave their maturity behind when they visit these "up north" establishments, thinking they are better than the people serving them because they spend money.

May not seem right, but you do have to conform to the northwoods mentality a little to get the best service out of people.

They don't get groups of 12 people every day expecting split bills.

beachykeen

I saw a post here on JD about this pregnant bartender with an attitude at the Parkview. So we thought we would go and check it out. I don’t believe a lot of what I read on here from arrogant snowmobilers.
We did and had a blast. This girl worked her but off and took great care to us. Parkview rooms were full and she found us rooms at another place…gave us Rolaids…bought us a shot… She had a great attitude and was a lot of fun.
Next time you see her tell her about this post from Tom in Indy and remind her not all snowmobilers are jerks.
Treat these people with respect people!

I just sent this message to the Bartender you mentioned, and she said
"You ROCK" and she hopes you liked the cabin she found for you and your buddies.
As a long time customer of hers, I appreciate you coming on here to tell of how fun she is. She loves working there, and it shows when she is waiting on people.

84vette96

My parents owned and ran several different restraints and bars, and I agree with my dad when he says everybody should have to serve the public before getting to go out to eat, or to a bar. Some people expect to have their buts kissed not get waited on. Waiting tables is some of the hardest money you can earn. That being said, there are some people not cut out for that kind of work. I have seen bad bar tenders and wait staff, and I am real forgiving.

doo_dr

All three in one thread

Restraints, bar, and pregnant girl!!!! :)' And I thought this was a family site. All kidding aside, the service industry is hard for all. I tip in direct proportin to the service. I remember not leaving a tip for a dinner for 4 people. Instead I wrote a noted on the bill telling her why she was not tipped. The next time I was in there she came over and apologized for her previous service. She agreed that she didn't deserve a tip. I also left 1/2 of my winnings ($100 from pull tabs) for a $20 beer and burger .