Prepay satellite TV

98panther

I don't remember everyone's names that was using prepay satellite. But I learned about it here from someone. That thread doesn't come up in a search.

Just wondering if you knew this prepay program is going the way of the DoDo bird. July 31 it's over. Nobody knows if existing customers can continue or not.

Y

yama_yooper

Me too.......booooooo!

anyone got an creative solutions yet?

elf

If you own your own receiver you can go on dish pause. Thats what we have at the cabin. Just call when we get up there and they turn you on, then you call when you leave and they shut it off. It costs $5/month to have the service but when you turn it on it's only a couple bucks/day.

98panther

Yepp I found out this weekend too.

Try the new program it aint that bad, Call in to have more minutes and they will transfer you over to setup the new program.

I called in and found out I could turn on locals only for $10 a month. Also the welcome pack, which is a small pack of decent channels. for $10.

So I went with the welome pack then locals were available for another $5. So for 15 a month I have a good amount of channels.

Apparently if you have anything running you can go online and add premiums and PPV yourself, and turn them off yourself.

You can still shut it all off, but then you'll pay $5 to turn it back on.