pro's and cons to etonol fuel aditive in our 87 octain ..

1-snowbullet

hello everyone I just brought my generator home and took the fuel gage out and found out it was melted gone a big goooweee mess .. Now I know why the darn thing dident work right .. everything was melted off of the darn thing lost the float and rod and what have you .. so saying this what does this crap do to our toys sleds chain saws atv's cars and what not .. is this a ploy to get us to buy new stuff every year ??

fredster

What year was your generator made? The newer equipment is generally made of materials that are resistant to the corrisive effects. But not all. A buddy of mine has a generic lawn tractor and has to rebuild the carb every spring, same thing happens.....

1-snowbullet

the generator is a generic 3 year older that runs great unless you have 10 w 30 in it in -25 below weather blew a seal out .. I brought it home to fix the seal (( popped it back into place )) after fighting to pop off fly wheel anyways I figured I would check Why the gas gage wasent working .. thats when i found the melted goowee plastic mess .. now knowing this I started thinking about my 1957 ford wagon and my 1980 lincoln show cars in storage whats going to be melted in them or how about all my other toys i have .. hmmm gets a person thinking about it all ..