Quad

Hey John, kinda brave taking that baby over the falls on its maiden voyage, enjoyed it
And am looking forward to more videos!
Brent

mezz

Did you have to register that unit with the FAA? What is your flight time on your battery? I got a light weight drone for Christmas & have been reading & re-reading the instructions & taking some short flights to get the hang of the controls. I still have to dial in the trim adjustments, eventually, I'll get it. I have to give you kudos for that flight by the falls, I would have been freaking out fearing losing the darn thing in the drink. Nice job! BTW, my dogs do not like it at all....-Mezz

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Did you have to register that unit with the FAA? What is your flight time on your battery? I got a light weight drone for Christmas & have been reading & re-reading the instructions & taking some short flights to get the hang of the controls. I still have to dial in the trim adjustments, eventually, I'll get it. I have to give you kudos for that flight by the falls, I would have been freaking out fearing losing the darn thing in the drink. Nice job! BTW, my dogs do not like it at all....-Mezz

I did register it with the FAA. Probably more of a money making thing for the feds, but I do get an occasional e mail about new restrictions that get put into place a various areas. Nothing has ever changed here.

The flight time is about 20 minutes with a fully charged battery, or so they say. I have never flown it continuously for that long to find out and I do have fear of flying it right out of juice. Seen some interesting videos on the tube where that has happened!

It was a little unnerving to fly it over the falls, but the one I have really does fly itself, so the pilot has to be the one to cause the problems. I have had a few minor crashes and I am sure that there will be more, but they say any landing you can walk away from is a good one!

-John

mezz

I did register it with the FAA. Probably more of a money making thing for the feds, but I do get an occasional e mail about new restrictions that get put into place a various areas. Nothing has ever changed here.

The flight time is about 20 minutes with a fully charged battery, or so they say. I have never flown it continuously for that long to find out and I do have fear of flying it right out of juice. Seen some interesting videos on the tube where that has happened!

It was a little unnerving to fly it over the falls, but the one I have really does fly itself, so the pilot has to be the one to cause the problems. I have had a few minor crashes and I am sure that there will be more, but they say any landing you can walk away from is a good one!

-John

Yeah, I have had a few minor crashes as well, even got the thing hung up in a tree. I would imagine the unit that you have is probably a little easier to handle due to the heavier weight. I have to have calm to a very light wind, otherwise you get blown around. I look at mine as a learning tool right now, but it is fun, perhaps I will graduate to a larger one in the near future, but I need to master this mosquito first. Thanks for the feedback.-Mezz