Rain gauge

radsrh

John I know it has rained up there the last couple of days and nothing comes up on the al cam page. Is the rain gauge not working? if so do you have plans to fix it?

Thank you
Steve

A

admin

Steve-

My rain gauge died on me about 2 years ago and there are no immediate plans to have it fixed. It seemed to never work right in the first place. I just use a manual one (tube with graduations on it).

If you are interested in precip totals from the area, you can check out this link to the observations from the automated station at the airport.

-John

radsrh

Thank you very much for the fast reply, I will check the link out. Now that I have my planting done I am watching all of the time to see rain total. I did pick up a inexpensive weather station that I have to set up yet that is supposed to record temp, hum, wind dir and speed and rain totals for the day, week, and month. I am not holding my breath that it will work well but it will give me some idea on what is going on when I am not there.

radsrh

Just took a look at the site and it is very nice, I had no idea that the information was on line for all to see.