Rebuilding exhaust vavles on Polaris motor

scottd

Maybe i'm not reading the question right, but they are the black square things sticking out above the exhaust. Probably a 10mm socket on the side ones and then you can pull them out. Then clean all the junk off the valves themselves (I just carefully scrap it all with a razor blade and use some brake cleaner or something). If the bellows or springs need replacement then just remove the top and bottom bolts too and it should all come apart.

You will see a little pin hole on the cylinder and also on the exhaust valve housing. Make sure that is clear or else the pressure from the cylinders is not/will not get to the bellows in the first place which is how they open.

mjkaliszak

Those are pricy for what they are about $24 @ dealer. I think Parts Unlimited has them for $18. I hate buying those, might as well get the base gaskets too. Those both are handy to keep extra's around or keep in your supply box on trips. Carb cleaner works best for the loose gunk but be careful not to get on the bellows, that is bad,