Recommend a ramp for my pickup?

miked

Anyone have any suggestions? I carry a spare sled in the bed (works great for weight over the rear wheels too!) all winter, and currently I load either using my loading dock at work or a snow bank. Appreciate the info.

mike

polarissnow

Ramp

I bought a tri-fold aluminum ramp from fleet farm (under $150 I think). I screwed ski guides to the outer 2 sections, and was going to add a section of old track on the middle, but found I don't need it. Works slick, has straps with hooks to attach to the truck so the ramp doesn't pull away as you drive up it. Use it as my primary means of hauling my sled. Folds up and sits along side the sled so you can take it with you no problem as well.

skiroule

There was a similar thread posted in the Tech section last year and I'll re-post these photos just in case you want to undertake a little DIY project.

I have the tri-fold ramp as well and I use it for various things at home but because I haul my sled so much with my pickup I wanted a little more dedicated (and secure) setup. I like it because the ramp is self-storing and I was able to build a bar tie-down that used the same bars as my trailer.

Mine has a center section but you could really get by without it. Also, the straps are mainly to keep the platform down when loading. There are "wings" in front of the wheel wells to keep it from sliding out.

About a $100 and a couple of afternoons and it's finished. A friend of mine build a very nice similar setup in much less time than I did.

Attachments

• DSCN1673.jpg
    DSCN1673.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 74
  • DSCN1669.jpg
    DSCN1669.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 71
  • DSCN1671.jpg
    DSCN1671.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 72
  • DSCN1672.jpg
    DSCN1672.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 68
M

Mattarsc

REVARC trifold. Use ours 3 times a day or more, and have had it all summer. So far very tough and holding up against people who didn't spend the money buying it and use it harshly.

fz583

Bear trac sled ramps, I love mine, works like a champ, well built, you get what you pay for, and these are built for sleds.