Recommendations for a trip out west

tomcat

Hi all,

Making my first trip out west in a couple weeks with a small group. Looking for recommendations for places to stay. Where would we likely find the best snow/lodging accommodations? We have discussed Saratoga/ryan park, Laramie, Centennial, Hahns Peak... Anybody been out recently? Would like a nice place to stay. Ideally could ride out of each day but we could trailer if we had to. Don't need a crazy night life but a bar/ nice restaurant close to headquarters would be ideal. thanks for any recommendations.

Tom

srt20

There's not much for nightlife in the mountains. Maybe West Yellowstone. If you trailer up everyday then you can stay in towns like Laramie.

As far as lodging, the only negative I have is there is new owners at Lava Mountain Lodge. So far they are not as accommodating as the previous owners. Maybe they just have to get organized?

mezz

Have you given any consideration to Togwotee Lodge in Wyoming? I am not sure how their conditions are presently right off, but, you may want to consider it as they have guide service available as well as a shop should repairs be needed. They have cabins as well as the Lodge, but, the Lodge itself doesn't have many rooms, and in all likelihood book up early. Can't hurt to check it out on-line. www.togwoteelodge.com -Mezz

Last edited:

skiseadoo

Are you looking for trail riding or back country riding? Just got back from a 3 week trip out west. Crooked Creek in Dubois is a great place to stay. They have different size cabins and an on site bar/restaurant. Snow is a little thin for the 1st couple of miles, but great for trail riding after that. A lot more snow in the higher elevations. Friends are out there now, riding off trail. Spent 2 weeks in west Yellowstone riding trails outside the park. Stayed at the Holiday Inn. Very nice hotel and plenty of places for drinks and eating out. Incredible trail riding and scenery.