Redpine mapping vs. vvmapping

markf419

Forgive me if this has been hashed out already, but I can't find anything recent on this subject 'cept for M10's quest for a GPS sys.

I'm looking for comments of people's experience with these 2 mapping app for snomo trails. I know they were lacking when the route-able ones first came out, so if anyone has used either with their later releases, like last yrs.
I've contacted both and must say I liked the prompt reply from Jeramey at vvmapping. Got a reply with 3hrs, vs 3 days for redpine, which i guess ain't bad either considering the holiday w/end.

I'm sure both will have map faults. How well does the routing work? How do the POI's rate and what POI's do they include, like places specific to snowmobiling? How do you like the look/layout and "feel" of the map itself?

Has anyone made a side by side comparison? I'm only interested in the routing versions, I've been using the redpine overlays for some time now.

Last edited:

local897

I have VVMapping and love it. this is the closest I can get you as a side be side picture of them both. The red pine picture if right off there web site.

I have never used the routing as I dont trail ride. If there is ever anything wrong or I think should be added to the mad Jermey (vvmapping) allways takes care of it ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM!!

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 33
  • red pine mapping.jpg
    red pine mapping.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 35
  • Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 37