Replacing Polaris skis

tubbywolfe

So I want to replace my steel skis with Camoplast plastyic skis. How hard a job is this to remove the old ski's and install the new mounts and skis? Seems pretty simple but need to know if I should get a buddy or if I can tackle this solo.

ezra

yeah I have done ski in 10 and in week spurts with lots of blood and swearing depending on the maintenance you or the last owner did.

I replaced my ski's a couple of years ago and just greased the bushings instead of putting anti seize on them. When I went to swap them out again last year it took a 20 ton press with a 200 pound guy pulling down on the cheater bar over the jack handle to get those bushings out. Both them where that bad. We literally had that press maxed out. I hope it is easy for you just to unbolt and swap them out.

skiroule

I'd recommend having a buddy help. Odds are that the old skis will come off OK. Sometimes getting the new ones on can be a challenge. On some aftermarket skis, the new pads make for a really tight fit on the spindles. It takes a certain amount of weight manipulation, prying and general fiddling to get the holes to line up. This is where help comes in handy.

tubbywolfe

Unfortunately took a lot of effort to get the old bolts out. 3 hours and a few curse words later my new skis are installed. Thanks for the info guys! And yes, I anti seized the crap out of the bolts. Not going to run into that same problem again, the old bolts were dry as the Sahara.