ride from mn to northern wi

rturg

can anyone help on trail selection from Farmington, MN to Tomahawk, WI (farmington is about 30-35 miles south of st paul.) would like to attempt this in 2 weeks. Unsure on getting across the mississippi...maybe cross into prescott, WI I am thinking this will take 12 hours...its 225 miles by car.

Thanks for any help...i can maybe piece together different county info.

xcr440

I think your best bet would be to trailer to WI, somewhere into the New Richmond area, and ride from there. I think you'll find getting to and then across into WI from the south side of the Twin Cities is going to be much more of a pain than it's worth.

Not to mention, 225 miles by car to Tomahawk? You better double that from Farmington by sled. THAT would be one heck of a day, even on GREAT trails. Which I may be wrong, but I'm not sure all counties directly between the two points are open yet. And if they are, the snow is fairly thin in the middle of the state of WI.

skidont

Travelwisconsin.com lists trail conditions . I would think 225 by car could be 275 + by sled but alot of fun . From North Branch to hurley took 3 long days and 1 short day , alittle over 600 miles of so so trails , good luck

snodogg

sounds impossible by sled in one day. trailering to New richmond sounds like a good idea or at least to the north metro like forest lake. I think you can cross into WI by sled on HWY 70 by Grantsburg from there you can hit the Gandy Dancer and cruise north aways before heading east? Just a suggestion. You also maybe able to cross at Red Wing or maybe even Hastings. Not sure though.

I've ridden around farmington and south metro alot in my younger years. The trails always sucked down there, therefore hard to put a lot of miles on in one day. GL