Riding Friday/Saturday.....base camp Mass City, what direction to head?

trdehmer

Can only make it as far North as Hancock due to the bridge being up. How far North/East can a person go and expect decent trail conditions right now?

How far South are conditions decent?

Thanks!

Kmrobb

According to the Dnr and Sheriff in South Range, bridge should go down Friday.

Sent from my samsung SM-G935V Using Ez Forum for Android

chicagosledder

We are also headed up Friday, how are the conditions for an early season shakedown. Looking at riding some logging roads and maybe a little off trail.

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
No base yet, maybe by this coming weekend. I would not venture to far off logging roads. I was up this last weekend, plenty of fluffy les, but Braap it hard, and you would go right to dirt. 20161210_145301.jpg

durphee

Same here, gonna head up Friday AM. Looking at Mass, stayed at the Adventure last year and it was perfect for what I needed. We were considering Bergland but concerned about snow cover and being able to ride North from there.

POLARISDAN

Same here, gonna head up Friday AM. Looking at Mass, stayed at the Adventure last year and it was perfect for what I needed. We were considering Bergland but concerned about snow cover and being able to ride North from there.

so ur heading UP instad of cabin? keep me posted..we should be gold for jan

durphee

Polarisdan, this is just a extra early trip. Still heading to hayward after Christmas then back to mass city early january with you. Hoping I can get this early trip in for a couple extra miles!

D

Deleted member 10829

No he didn't Dan. Check out his post on the "Let's see your new sled" thread. He spent tons of money on some very nice remodeling instead it sounds like. You can use the house a bit more than the sled. :)

durphee

Mspease is right, I didn't get the new sled.....yet. I have some money just in case the "one" comes around but remodeling my house this year took a chunk of change from me. Reading through new sled post made me a little jealous and got me thinking! So instead did a thorough pre season maintenance check that was above and beyond my normal. The cat is loaded and ready to head north tomorrow!