Riding out of D's base camp 1/28-2/2

Daveb9

Have two spare bedrooms in cabin at D's. My group bailed. Looking for people to ride with and split rental. I am 47 and ride 144 Assault. 2-4 guys. Two beds in each room. I am coming from Western Wisconsin near Twin Cities. Need to know ASAP.

Last edited:

garyl62

Man, sucks to cancel a reservation only 4 days out for a place that only has 5 units. Going to be tough for them to fill your spot. Not sure when your buddies canceled on you, but IMO it would have been nice to give then enough notice so they could have filled your spot since you're stiffing them for that many days.

Daveb9

Easy to pass judgement from behind a keyboard. My group of 4 included a father and son that had there wife/mother become very ill last Saturday and spend 4 days in the ICU. I tried this whole week to find some replacement riders to no avail. I kept Don informed and am prepared to pay the cancellation fee if it cannot be filled. We have rented from them in the past, usually midweek, trying not to tie up the busy weekends for them. There is always two sides to every story.

Dave

garyl62

Yeah sorry Dave. I thought about my post when I work up this morning and realized I had come down on you when I shouldn't have. I was coming back to edit it, but since you've seen it I'll leave it as I wrote it. Sorry for my choice of words and hope things work out for their wife/mom.

Gary

racerxnet

Been considering a ride wherever the snow is. Don/Donna was the owner of the bar in Lee. Anyhow, if you are still planning on riding at the times listed give me a shout. I ride a old 1995 SkiDoo 670 touring sled. Spirited pace if conditions are good or cruise if rough. Sled is a antique like me.

Mark