riding partner southern Michigan

skidoo123

I have not snowmobiled in a few seasons and am looking to get back into the sport. Is there anyone on here looking for a riding partner in southern Michigan? I currently live outside of Kalamazoo and am looking for someone to ride this area with me. I enjoy all types of riding, including off trail and long distance backpacking. Please let me know if you're interested.

dnrtheil

I live in Portage, MI and ride every weekend there is ridable snow. Had 19,008 miles on my 2002 SXR. Don't ride local much, unless the snow is as good here as it is in Baldwin, which means I trailer up each weekend. My dad lives just south west of Baldwin and he still rides so we'll stay with him when we can. I also have a friend with a cabin on Wolf Lake just North of Baldwin and stay with him when we can. Then there is Cadillac, Gaylord or Mancelona, stay at hotels in those areas. I only trailer as far as I have to for ridable snow. I'll make a couple of day trips to Cadillac during the sled season (trailer up Sat am ride all day trailer back home) Not a big fan of the U.P. (I think the trails are too straight) so I only go when I need snow. My wife and I don't have kids so we'll often decide Thursday night if we are going to ride the coming weekend, my brother and nephew go with us when they can. Your welcome to tag along, I assume you have a snowmobile (I have one for sale if you don't) and a way to tow it?

Derek

Skinnyj63

Hey Derek I also ride those same areas from time to time, I have some property in wellston. I will only be able to get out about three weekends this season but my friend and I are always looking for someone to ride with. We could always meet up with you guys in the area or something. If you are interested in a couple more riders let me know so we can figure out the details.

dnrtheil

Hi Skinnyj63, I'll save your screen name and let you know when we'll be heading in your direction. There's a few times a year I find myself riding solo (I know, I know never ride alone!!) It would be nice to get a few more snowmobiling friends.

Thanks, Derek

Jonger1150

I primarily ride with my cousin and we usually trailer up to northern Michigan and the UP, but my schedule is a bit more flexible than his. If you want to ride with me sometime, I would be game. Possibly the next time the west side has snow we can meet up and see if our riding styles match up.

I'm probably 90 miles from Kalamazoo, but there are no trails here... So that part of the state would be cool.

BTW, we do long distance backpacking as well.

Last edited: