ROI 2017 and 2018

T

Tracker

john I take it you noticed some of my post about embedding and whatnot. I was wondering if you heard wind of this too and what's your take on all this..seems there is a shift coming soon...number 3 is whats happening to forums

596fadfd25ce3.preview.jpg

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Even though I have been doing this site for almost 20 years, I actually do not consider myself to be much of an expert when it comes to marketing on the web. I do think that the natural progression will be to video, but it has it's limitations too.

I do believe that just like everything, things come and go. Discussion boards were hot years ago, but have fallen victim to other social media, especially the Book of Faces. It may seem hard to believe, but eventually FB will start to dry up, although there does not seem to be much sign of it yet.

I am working on some new stuff for the site that will be rolled out in time for this upcoming snow season that I think a lot will like and hopefully increase the engagement of folks on the site. My viewership has not really gone down at all over the years, as most visitors come to the site for the forecasts and cams and FB has not figured out how to steal internet traffic from things like that!

Bottom line is, you need to keep your feet moving if you are involved in the web, or you get old/dated quickly. I felt that I did not keep up with things as good as I could until about a year ago when the site remodel took place and also laid the foundation for additional features.

-John

Sledhead!

For what is worth John, I am old school and no matter what the format is, or how "pretty" something looks, I go to where I get the best info and that is here!
Feel free to follow the trends and spice things up, but I'll be here regardless of how you deliver it.

JimAndros

I do believe that just like everything, things come and go. Discussion boards were hot years ago, but have fallen victim to other social media, especially the Book of Faces. It may seem hard to believe, but eventually FB will start to dry up, although there does not seem to be much sign of it yet.
-John

I've seen the decline on boards here & on the boat sites I go to. Don't do Facebook & never will. I'm old & getting older, just hoping the forums & I die about the same time.

T

Tracker

I've seen the decline on boards here & on the boat sites I go to. Don't do Facebook & never will. I'm old & getting older, just hoping the forums & I die about the same time.

I don't do FB either....and 90% on here don't either....and it looks like only 2 of us notice a decline.....DOH....and unfortunately just doing something really easy can save the forums....but alas...from the answers I get....and no link embedding and videos and pics will be the death nell....its happening all over the interwebs with other sites that the members don't join in society and move forward....oh well....they will see it for themselves...and there will be huge melt downs when it does on here.....LOL