Run down of the new site program

local897

Hey John, Keep reading about new program and new boards can we get a little more info on what going to be new and when we might see the change? Are we going to see easyer picture uploads must have phone number or email to sell stuff a johndee weatherbug, must have web cam up and runing from this date to this date? Stuff like that if you want to let us know. Thanks Andrew

cmharcou

John,
I know I am just 1 of 1000 users, but I really like your board for the simple fact thats its not like anyone else's. Its easy to use and simple. If your not having any problems with the board why not just leave it the way it is. Newer is not always better.

A

admin

We will be running the new board on VBuilletin. There are many different ways you can make it look and we will be setting it up to have a very similar look and feel as I like the way this board looks and feels.

We are making the change because of the improvements the switch will make. Improvements include easier posting of pictures (basically click on an icon, chose the file and upload), formatting of text (click on the type of formatting you want and it is done for you) and also some features which will allow for more social networking among the users if they should choose that for themselves.

The moderating job will be easier.

The bottom line is it is a much more robust software package, but we will also be able to keep the look and feel similar to this board, with improvements on posting features as well as some other bells and whistles.

I do not know when it will be implemented, we are not rushing to get that done. Our goal is to have everything totally set so when the switch does take place all will know, but not for the wrong reasons!

-John

Firecatguy

speaking of weather bugs I don't remember what it was that you put in the top right to replace the weather thing? maybe we can get the weather thing back?