rush 800 pro r

race9696

after i put an aftermarket silencer, it would cut out on top end until you completely let out of the throttle. Any ideas. The silencer helped a bunch on low and mid range.

fredster

It's either too lean or one or more sensors exceeded the allowable range so the computer cuts power to save the engine. Have you checked the plugs? I bet they'll show an extreme lean condition. If the low and mid-range are that much improved the exhaust flow is much better resulting in a lean fuel map on the top end.......

polarisdude

I remember hearing the same symptoms on another thread on this site. Something to do with the type of plug you had in. I believe it was something like the ethanol and no ethanol plug? I almost bought an 800 pro r made the dealer up here in Manitoba an offer.We had a 170 dollar difference. I came up in my offer and they didn't meet me half way. So I said k next year. Funny thing is they still haven't sold that sled when all other dealers were out of 800's by new years haha. This is a 2011 pro r 800 btw.

Anyways back to your scenario. This might be the issue just saying if all else fails. The comment before me makes a good point.