Safety

radsrh

John first off let me say your life up there is pretty fairytale, in a good way! The picture of the family decorating the tree taken from the outside is right out of a Hallmark movie. And the dinning room table made from love for the whole family to gather around is beautiful, nice job. One thing I did notice from the picture of Big Red, I didn't see any safety locks or safety props in place? From a pure caring standpoint if you where working under the hood standing under the lift arms and had a hydraulic or ram failure the outcome of the arm crashing down would not end well. Just looking out for you, don't ever want to hear of anything bad happening. Happy Holidays

slimcake

I piece of channel or angle iron works good as a safty lock. Simple as well. If the loader came crashing down you wouldn't feel a thing... Would be a sad day. Funny thing is I was at a skidloader service school one time and the company man lifted the boom up all the way and then crawled out of the cab and stood under the boom and gave a presentation.... Never engaged the safety lock. Not a good learning experience for the young guys...