Saturdays ride in the Keweenaw

ibendwire

Are there any specific modifications that are needed to perform wheelies like that on a snowmobile? (no I am not thinking of doing them I am getting too old for that)

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am not sure what Tim has done to it, I would think he probably has the limiter strap all the way out for starters. I've seen 121 short tracks catwalk like that, but never a 144" Summit.

Big Air Crash

Skyler,

Nice pics man. So this sucks as I am stuck in Phoenix AZ all week. Stupid 75 degrees and sunny, what a drag, meetings meetings meetings, drink drink drink eat eat eat....I need to ride, getting too fat. Any room the last weekend in January? I have a hall pass from the wife!!!

zman20

Sweet pictures! Can't wait to get up there, week from today. Brand new assault to try out, see what it can do.

snoluver1

cuzzinolaf-

Actually, the control box is not even on yet.

Just the y-pipe, pipe, can, high-flow air intake, reeds (V-Force) and the secondary weights from SLP. I know a couple of guys that put the different gearing in, one even went out west with us last March, but the sled was a pooch. I was not impressed with a gearing change at all.

I pretty much followed exactly what SLP told me to do and I guess their 100's of hours of testing everything under the sun paid off, they sure knew what to do and what not to do!

-John

Y Pipe, pipe, can, intake, and no box?? I am confused. Are these things running that fat out of the box, your safe to run all these mods without fuel controler? I thought you had to run it just with the Y and pipe. Are you running egt's? What kind of temps are you seeing?

Firecatguy

Y Pipe, pipe, can, intake, and no box?? I am confused. Are these things running that fat out of the box, your safe to run all these mods without fuel controler? I thought you had to run it just with the Y and pipe. Are you running egt's? What kind of temps are you seeing?

This is right from slp..no box needed......

snoluver1

Just saw the stage 2 kit with no box needed. I guess if they say its not needed they must have tested it, but I would still want to run egt's for piece of mind. Just dosen't seem right, unless they are so rich to begin with that your just cleaning it up with the mods.

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Keep in mind, the reeds are going to richen it up a bit too, but yes, you can run their exhaust kit without a controller.

Right now my main problem is a little bit of loading up while idling. Going to use the control box to clean that up.

-John

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Ran it out west like that too. In fact, I did all the mods specifically to give me more HP out west.

-John

snoluver1

Thanks John, I'm putting some of this stuff on my wish list. I haven't pulled the trigger yet because I thought you had to run different pipe above 3k elevation. I was looking into the new adjustable pipe, but they are pretty spendy. I want something that works both at elevation and sea level. This might be the ticket. I have the 2010 so I may have to wait a year or so.