Searchmont to Chapleau

georgiarider

I noticed the trail is still red. Is it closed due to lack of snow or another reason. Coming to ride the first week of February. Planning on doing the loop not sure if we can make it all the way around.

Hoosier

I noticed the trail is still red. Is it closed due to lack of snow or another reason. Coming to ride the first week of February. Planning on doing the loop not sure if we can make it all the way around.

Call Halfway Haven - they have a groomer based out of there now and would have the scoop. Most likely there is some part of the trail they can't get a groomer through yet or there is a groomer down. That section of the trail is new as of 2 years ago. It might be passable even if red if you know your way through there. They haven't gotten the snow they typically get through there. I know there is good snow from Cochrane over to Hornepayne and back down to the Sault that way. We might be heading that way 1st week of Feb or March.

Hoosier

Spoke with Halfway Haven and they were most helpful. Trail from halfway haven to chapleau is passable.

Good to hear! Sean's a great guy.

Can you get past Chapleau? Looks like it's red from Chapleau to Foleyet but that's a real remote area. That trail's only been a trail for a couple seasons. We took it two years ago, and had to use our saws a couple times to get through. It was a blast though - a lot of breaking trail.

Hoosier

Spoke with Halfway Haven and they were most helpful. Trail from halfway haven to chapleau is passable.

Looks like it's open all the way to Timmons now. You should have no trouble doing that loop at this point. My trip up there got delayed to the 1st week of March - hoping the conditions continue till then. They don't have the snow they typically get off trail but on trail is supposed to be pretty good right now.

longtrack

We did Searchmont to Chapleau last weekend. It was great. Halfway is open and we stayed at Valentine Farms B&B in Chapleau. Two days 300 miles.