Sell me a track for 1976 john deere liquifier?

snocrazy

I am having a hard time finding a good track for a 1976 john deere liquifier.
If you have one and you are willing to part with it, please let me know.

If you have the proper grouser bars and rivets so I can repair the one I have that is an option too.
Have purchased 3 sets of grousers now from on line sellers. All the wrong ones. Frustrating.

old abe

I would seriously consider replacing, and putting on a rubber track, unless the sled is just for show. If you are going to ride the "Dator" any at all, you will have endless problems with the grouser bars, and the belts ripping/tearing out. We used a Yokohama rubber track on them back in those days. Good luck to ya!!! Someone has probably put a "Liquifire" track on it, and that is worse yet. Grouser bars, and belts different.

skiroule

Any luck with this? One would think that it wouldn't be too hard to convert to a rubber track but after doing a little reading, it's apparently trickier than it seems. Sounds like some guys have put Cat rubber tracks on them but with the wider Cat track it's a tight fit.

My Cyclone has a Kimpex cleated track on it, which I find hard to believe is original so maybe at one time there were aftermarket tracks available. Probably been a few decades since these were available though.

old abe

Any luck with this? One would think that it wouldn't be too hard to convert to a rubber track but after doing a little reading, it's apparently trickier than it seems. Sounds like some guys have put Cat rubber tracks on them but with the wider Cat track it's a tight fit.

My Cyclone has a Kimpex cleated track on it, which I find hard to believe is original so maybe at one time there were aftermarket tracks available. Probably been a few decades since these were available though.

The "original" tracks were a disaster as they were a very poor design. There was a kit at that time to convert to the rubber Yokohama. You should be able to go thru a aftermarket track supplier, and get what will work. "Tracks USA", or perhaps Fett Bros.??? Good sled dealer should be able to help if needed. I was mistaken to you wanting a Liquifire track. Liquifire tracks were the worst, and you don't one of those. Liquidator not much better. Pure junk.

T

Tracker

I am having a hard time finding a good track for a 1976 john deere liquifier.
If you have one and you are willing to part with it, please let me know.

If you have the proper grouser bars and rivets so I can repair the one I have that is an option too.
Have purchased 3 sets of grousers now from on line sellers. All the wrong ones. Frustrating.

snowcrazy I have aboot 8 john deeres...I would sell you a complete turnkey sled or a parts sled with track if so desire....one I bought from the snowmobile museum in st germain before it closed from bob kloiber (sp?) I was a huge deere guy for many years....the one from museum still has tits on the track....or if you want to do it yourself heres what I have done several times....all OEM Yamaha parts were purchased by a company called

www.boats.net

and on their web site you will find a yami track that fits exactly....all I ever had to do was drill new holes in tunnel at rear 1 inch forward...I bought a new OEM yami track that was only rubber lugs....I think track was like 250.00 bucks or sumtin....I will sell you a parts sled for 250 or I have a track if you want....I will go look at it and we can work out a price...don't worry to much...I am only thinking 50 bucks or so dude...all my stuff is top notch and stored inside in heated warehouse....museum sled you turn the key and go....it has hanged tight with an F6 at 85mph on a road...it will fly....if interested PM me and I will give you me cell number and send pic back and forth....or hit up boats.net

I went to web site to make sure its still has parts...it does...but they hide it now for some reason...used to click Yamaha and then sleds....but I found the parts section but do not know how to get there now...so heres a link to the 350,000 parts page by page so maybe a customer service agent online can point you to tracks or that section...if you find out how to search the new web site update let me know and post a link up in here...heres the oem parts section

https://www.boats.net/search?q=yamaha+snowmobile+parts

here is some tracks...good luckski...if you have any questions I have all service manuals and bibles for all john deeres from 1972 to 1981...plus I know them inside and out and in my sleep....LMAO

https://www.boats.net/search?q=yamaha+track+

Last edited: