Selling sleds, price?

robinson

Not sure if this is where i post this but, I am most likely going to be selling 3 sleds of mine to up grade to a newer one.

I have a 2000 Ski-Doo MXZ 700 with about 800 miles, like brand new.

A 97 Yamaha VMax Triple 700 with about 1200 almost brand new also.

And then a 1990 Yamaha Phazer which is running close to 6000 miles. (Getting old and beat up)

I am being honest about how clean and problem free these sleds are, so I was just curious what would be some prices you guys would ask for them if you were in this situation. Any help would be great!

Thanks!

sounder

try NADA

You can get some "book" values at nada.com. They may be high or low for your area, but it gives you a starting point. Also, try finding sleds like those on Craigslist for comparison prices.

srxsrule

I will throw out some ideas on price. Keep in mind you might find someone local that really likes the sled and might be willing to pay more.

mxz, 2500
vmax, 1500
phazer 400-600

Eric

ilindy

I just recently sold two sleds and a trailer thru this site. I looked at Kelly Blue Book and NADA but also looked at the ads on this site and found comparable sleds. I used the prices that others were asking for similar sleds to determine what to ask for mine. We were very pleased to be able to get rid of them so quickly and at prices we were comfortable with. Another place to get some ideas is snowmobiletraderonline.com or something like that (sorry if thats a plug for that site - not intended to be.)

Two of your sleds are really low miles so be sure to take that into account when you set your prices. I think attaching pictures with your post is very beneficial too.

Good luck!