94.5 KB · Views: 608
  • DSC08792.jpg
    DSC08792.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 658
  • DSC08738.jpg
    DSC08738.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 608

silvrlk

Thanks...the dunes are closed for ORV Nov1-March31. We've had some rain this week so the dunes are back to sand.

phil4snow

Thats awesome! Ive never ridden there but that 3rd picture looks like that could be taken in Hawaii!!! The water, sunny day, the sand doesnt look like ice just water washed over the sand. Send that to a magazine that should be on a cover!

bellracing2

so do you go in through the entry gate , or are you sneaking in ? I have friends in the area so it would be cheap for me to ride for a day in the dunes . any special permits needed besides a MI trail Pass ? state park sticker ?

theo

We access from private property .I guess you could go in from the lake side. You still need a trail permit anywhere you ride off private property.

silvrlk

Yes, the dunes are open for atv's, motorcycles, dune buggies, trucks, hummers, razors, etc. from April 1st-October 31st each year. You need a flag and the state park stickers. There are approximately 2,000 acres of sand dunes, 3 miles long by 1.5 miles wide. They are the only dunes east of Utah that you can drive private motorized vehicles on. Our local chamber web site is http://www.thinkdunes.com

sledheadM6

Great pics.I love riding the dunes in the summer.I have even seen sleds there in the summer water skipping the water holes