Ski Doo 600r Etec starting issue

Looking for some advice of things to check on my 600r Etec. I rode it about a month ago and it ran amazing like always. Just went out to the trailer yesterday and was going to do the auto fogging for summer storage and it would not start. It turned over but sounded a little different as it was cranking, but would not start. This thing always starts in less than 1 second every time, even when it's the first time starting it in the fall. Ideas on what I should check? TIA for the help!

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
I always say, "check for the obvious first". Gas in the tank? Mice in the muffler? Battery Full Charge?

I used to ride with a guy that stored his sled with the track elevated about a foot off the floor. Gas gravitated from the tank down into the crankcase. No fun getting that one started and quite a mess when he did get it going.

Good Luck!

jshabadu

I think this is happening on my 600R as well. Is your bendix engaging the flywheel? This is what I found happening on my sled. If you tip your sled on a 45 degree angle when starting. gravity helps the bendix slide and engage...(helpful if stuck on the trail)

I checked on how to fix this and it doesn't look easy on my 2019 600r...

Mine is a 2019 too, I will give that a try. I have not pulled it apart yet to see what's going on. So strange as it ran perfect all year and now won't start. Thanks for the ideas.

jshabadu

The starter motor does not make very much noise. If your in a quiet garage, you can hear the motor spinning when you try to start, but the bendix is not engaging the flywheel.