Ski Doo Renegrade

redrat75

So 2 weeks ago my wife's Polaris died. I must admit we are a Polaris family but we rented a Ski Doo XP for the last day of our trip. I like the how light the sled is and it's over all performance, but it seamed the the back of the sled was really loose. I was wondering how the Renegade handles compared to the short track XP? Thanks for the input.

mjdeutsch

i have an 05 gade and 04 MXZ, gade is definatly more stable in the rear, also rental probably didn't have studs, both mine are studded and I like the feel of studs better for the stability and control. all that being said, my wife prefers the mxz said my gade is like driving a train, she can't throw it around like she can the mxz.

redrat75

You are right there were no studs. That is what I'm worried about. She's ridden my switchback and says it's allot of effort to steer. She like the way she could throw the XP around and I thought it was too twitchy in the back end. But she also want to start doing some off trail riding. That is why I'm looking for some input.

Thanks

mikeh906

Like all sleds you get to know them, a love- hate relationship until you get them dialed in. I have rode many revs and adjusted to them. If I won the lottery I would buy a fleet of 500ss's for trails, and a fleet of custom big bore rev long tracks for mountains.

BooneDawg

I run a 09 Gade Etec, studded up, AWESOME machine, the suspension definitely needs to be tuned to the rider (that's why they make all those adjustments available). Riding and XP is like riding a Performance dirt bike, the older REV platform is like riding a Four Wheeler.

so8434

My Renegade (09' 800r) not only comes with a longer track, but it is also 1" wider and has 1 1/4" lugs not 7/8" like the shorties. I had a 08' 500ss and will never go back to a short track.

Last edited:

peter

When I got my 06 rev took me a little bit to get the suspension dialed in to where I like it. The little ajustments made a big difference.

indybru

I bought a 2010 Renegade last march.

Bottom line my wife rides it when we ride together. She loves this sled, very easy to steer, easier throttle, better on bumps you name it. I'm happy to let her use it otherwise I'm riding by myself.

Still have our ski Doo Rev 500ss.