Ski doo

tritonmark

I did a post on misc, should of posted on tech talk. A friends son is looking at a 06 to newer ski doo 600 rev. Something with lower miles what would the price range be? Is the newer etec motor better or is the sdi from 06 on up just as good? Heard there might be problems with the rings before the 06 sdi. Thanks for any info.

dab102999

Doo has had an on again off again problem with rings for a long time. Even the updated ones have had flaking problems. Just see if the year he is looking at has had a re-call or not and if update has been done. Take a compression gauge with you and should be in the 120 range. If looking for a lower price range need to go sdi or before. Nothing wrong with a 500 ss also. Basically just the old 600 motor which is very proven. Like groomerdave said I also have an 01 with close to 8000 miles on it. I freshend up the top end last year and was surprised that when I tore into it it still had some hatch marks in the cylinder. I would say if he is set on 06 or newer and an sdi you are going to be in the $5500 plus range. Might find some cheaper. As far as e-tec, in theory yes better. But like all new sleds (no brand specific here) not proven enough to say and absolute better then anything else out there.

whitedust

etec the best of 2s engines but need a bit more time to know how they do after 5000 miles +. So far so good & much better on gas & oil than sdi.