Skins hand guards

soopy

Hey John,
Have a quick question regarding the new hand guards you put on your new sled.
I understand this type of hand guard does not require any instalation hardware?
Have you used these, or do you know anyone who has?
How secure are they on the sled?
Also what type do you have? pro, trail etc?
I ride a nytro with 12" riser under my bars and my hands absolutely freeze ( on the trails). thanks for the info
soopy

A

admin

soopy-

You are right, they do not require any hardware to install. They wrap around your bars near the throttle block and break master and then also at the end of the bars.

I believe I have the pro model.

Have not used them yet, but can tell that they would block the wind as good or better than a standard handguard. Are very secure and made of quality material. My only concerns are the fact that the outside ends are attached to the ends of the bars and am worried that might impeed with my ability to get my hand back onto the bar while boondocking. Time will tell, but for regular riding, I would say they would work as good or better than a regular set of handguards as they are closer to your hands and so you get more protection.

12" Riser! Cripes you should be playing pro basketball somewhere!

-John

favoritos

I have those same handguards. The one thing that is really cool, is that you can just take them off when you do not need them. They fold up pretty nice and fit right into the trunk. It does take some time to get them on just right. They tend to be pretty close to your fingers on the brake side. The velcro fastener on the outside does hold them in place pretty good. I have also found that the extra pad on the inside velcro wrap does need to be removed on one side but left on the other side. That is for my type of sled.