Sled Brand

sdaniel

John, in the Klim ad you are riding a Nytro XTX I believe. I have been a Skidoo rider for many years and have been looking at the XTX. Can you give me any advise on this sled? I ride mostly on trails but want to learn more about riding off trail. Thanks!

jd

Administrator
Staff member
sdaniel-

It is an 09 XTX I was on. At the time I was riding it, it was actually one of 3 prototypes Yamaha had in the world, but was pretty much identical to the production models put out the following fall.

The sled is a very good crossover sled. Plenty of power and a fun ride. One issue is that it does not have much protection from the wind, so if you do a lot of trail riding in mostly very cold weather, this sled might be a bit chilly.

Also, it is not a very good pure boondocking sled, which is what I mainly do. A bit heavy- especially in front, makes it more difficult to throw around. With that said, the sled is not designed to be a pure boondocking sled. It is designed to trail ride and go off trail from time to time, which it does very well.

So if being out there a little more unprotected than on other sleds is not a problem for you, then this sled should be a serious consideration for you.

-John