sled ins....who is the cheapest

cobalt_502

Liberty Mutual has always had pretty good rates too, that is what I have but my wife takes care of the bills so I'm not sure what I pay?

MZEMS2

Seems a little high, but Insurance premiums are dictated by so many variables these days....credit rating, driving records, sled details, etc. It's really hard to say. We have a 2010 Skidoo 600 etec Grand Touring, with the same coverage, and we pay about $260/yr. I heard everyone should shop around every couple years just to keep pur agents on their toes, and honest.

phazerpilot

apex , try jim kelly at nationwide 847-367-1234 he has had all my toys for yrs best price i've found. 10 renegade,trailer,94 klr650,03 yahama zuma paying around 250.00 for the year

Last edited:

prowrench

Liberty Mutual, but I also have them for my vehicles, home, boats, umbrella liability, etc. etc. For my 03 and 04 Prox 800s w/ similar coverage as thread start just over $100 a year for both. Not each.

cuzzinolaf

Full coverage or just liability? I think I pay just under $200 on my 2010 Arctic Cat M8.... I mean 1988 Yamaha Bravo Mountain.

EXCESSIVE FORCE

Just switched from Nationwide/Jim Kelly (always screwed up the billing/raised rates and then after receiving higher bill magically sent another renewal with SAME coverages for $300.00 lower? WTH??) to State farm the rates are: 2010 F8LXR $235.20,2009 F570 $153.20, 2003 F7 EFI $117.20. These are annual rates and the trailer was $4.00 for a $7800.trailer

danschevyv8

I have Auto-Owners call and put full coverage on when leaving home for first ride. I leave it on until season is over call and tell them to drop it down to fire and theft for the rest of the year. I usually get away for about 90 to 100 bucks a year. I have forgotten to call a couple times and had to borrow my buds cell and call from the trail, darn lucky I knew the number.

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Around 190 for the year for Full Coverage with Sentry Insurance on the 1200 Ski Doo. The deductable is at 500 and I usually pull back to just Liability once the sled is two or three years old. I may continue Full Coverage a bit longer with the current machine.

Meanwhile she sits on the dollies waiting...............................................:(

polarisrider1

I have Auto-Owners call and put full coverage on when leaving home for first ride. I leave it on until season is over call and tell them to drop it down to fire and theft for the rest of the year. I usually get away for about 90 to 100 bucks a year. I have forgotten to call a couple times and had to borrow my buds cell and call from the trail, darn lucky I knew the number.
II have the same company and I do the same thing. They are fantastic. You get what you pay for with Insurance same as anything else. I have an agent that says, "Have fun call if anything comes up". $260 for full coverage per year and they pro rate it for me so it is around $90 for 4 months full coverage and 8 months comp.

nic

It's worth calling around. Insurance is so variable though- it's hard to gauge. Like someone said- where you store them, the state (city) you live in, driving record, credit score- not to mention machine details (horsepower, price, etc). Deductible levels, coverage levels, etc. Plus- do you have just your sled insured? Or like me.... your house, cars, boat/trailer, jetskis/trailer, snowmobiles/trailer. Needless to say- my agent loves me =) I have separate policies (boat, recreational vehicle (sleds), home, auto)- but get the multi-policy discounts on all. I currently pay around $300 for an '09 Polaris 800 Dragon. For a machine that was over 10K new- that seems reasonable to me. Of course, I haven't followed my own advice and called around in quite awhile. Might have to do that soon just to compare.

I just today put insurance on my 2010 600 Shift. $180 a year. Full coverage with a $500 deductible on collision and $250 deductible on comp. That is through Erie Ins. I'm ok with that price. I should add that my vehicles and home are with them as well. I've also been with them a long time. That probably makes a difference.

Last edited:

mezz

It's worth calling around. Insurance is so variable though- it's hard to gauge. Like someone said- where you store them, the state (city) you live in, driving record, credit score- not to mention machine details (horsepower, price, etc). Deductible levels, coverage levels, etc. Plus- do you have just your sled insured? Or like me.... your house, cars, boat/trailer, jetskis/trailer, snowmobiles/trailer. Needless to say- my agent loves me =) I have separate policies (boat, recreational vehicle (sleds), home, auto)- but get the multi-policy discounts on all. I currently pay around $300 for an '09 Polaris 800 Dragon. For a machine that was over 10K new- that seems reasonable to me. Of course, I haven't followed my own advice and called around in quite awhile. Might have to do that soon just to compare.

At the very least, see how your premium will be affected by adjusting the value of the sled to reflect current NADA or Blue Book Values. Most policies covering sleds, atv's, cycles etc. are Actual Cash Value policies. If your covering that 3 year old sled for the "Cost New" you are wasting your money. Then compare that premium against other quotes based on the current information, apples for apples.-Mezz

xcsp

How is Auto-Owners for claims service? Just curious.

I have two Adventures, a triton encolsed trailer, full coverage: total premium--$176

That is a great rate, what's the name of the insurance company?
I take it you have other insurance with the same company?

Photofinish

I haven't seen progressive suggested I just switched dirt bikes, scooters, and two boats to them and saved about 70% from statefarm. Haven't quoted the snowmobiles yet. I'm just woried about having a claim nightmare hopefully I won't have to worry about that. Anyone have any nighmare claim issues with progressive?

nic

Mezz- it's insured for cash value- I don't think anyone will let you insure for a dollar amount anymore- it's actual value. Just saying- you're talking about a 10K investment- 150hp machine- I think $300/yr is pretty reasonable. I actually did just call around. I was quoted more than double that by progressive- so I'll be staying. But progressive will save me $300 on my boat, so moving that. Isn't insurance fun?? =)

mezz

Mezz- it's insured for cash value- I don't think anyone will let you insure for a dollar amount anymore- it's actual value. Just saying- you're talking about a 10K investment- 150hp machine- I think $300/yr is pretty reasonable. I actually did just call around. I was quoted more than double that by progressive- so I'll be staying. But progressive will save me $300 on my boat, so moving that. Isn't insurance fun?? =)

nic, I won't argue the price that you are paying, however, some, not all companies allow for insuring to value. That is why I suggested checking the premium based on the "Actual Cash Value". I understand that Cost New is Cost New & many companies will only write them that way, but, some do allow the current value approach, no sense in covering something for 10K when it's worth less than that. In the event of a loss, it's settled based on ACV, not cost new. Premium for said coverage is of course going to be the deciding factor, just a suggestion on what to look for when insuring a sled.-Mezz