Sled mod ideas formy 2003 SKS 700, lrts hear them ..

pirate

I have a stock 2003 Polaris SKS 700 with SLP trail can . ( It does have new stainless power valves last winter )
I am going to switch to New Mohawk SLP skis (have slp powder pros now , love them on trail & off ) and either a 1.5 ripsaw or 1.6 cobra track , I'd say I'm a 60% hard fast trail rider . 20% fireroads and 20% boondocker , Ride northern Wi and the UP . Has 5600 miles on it , so going to freshen the top end to . Looking for diff & all ideas for mods , clutching , motor , intake , set up Etc . Welcome all ideas and thoughts . Can't afford a new sled for a few years , so figure on dropping a few thousand into the SKS and get another few seasons out of it b4 it becomes a spare . If it matters I'm 6'3" and 210 so seat, handlebars and rider idea's to.. Thx
Randal

cooksend

That motor runs well and with some reeds, cluthing and jetting it will wake the sled up. If I was you I would not put a few thousand into the sled. You just wont get it back out of it in the end and putting $2,000 to the side now get's you that much closer to your goal of a new sled. I really like the 1.6 Cobra track and would choose that over the Ripsaw. I would not waste my money changing ski's though if you like what is already on it. Just not going to make that big of a difference when you already have a good ski.

V-Force reeds
Hi Flow intake
Clutching
Jetting
Used Boss seat (or similar)
Pivot adapter with a 6" RSI Riser and RSI Bar
Send your shocks out for a rebuild and maybe a custom valve then let it Rip until you are ready to drop the cash on a new ride.

One of many ways to look at it. Better get after it as the Yoop is open in a couple weeks!