Sled Rental Recommendations around Lake Gogebic Area

m10_mike

Sold the sled this year due to lack of storage and not enough use. Tough to justify owning for basically one trip a year.

Looking for recommendations (positive or negative) for renting a sled for 5 days in the Lake Gogebic area.

Single rider, experienced, no longer in need of speed. Prefer some comfort. Have all my own gear including heated shield. Would consider a fan cooled if options are slim.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

bonnevier

No brainer....Marlin at Timberline Sports is one of the best in the business!

We have used him for the past few years...groups of 5-8 and never had any issues.
He and his son Mark run a great shop and are great people to work with.

scott_b

Your only other option right around LG is Gogebic Sports Center but I have heard this year he will only be renting fan cooled sleds. Marlin is adding extra rentals to the fleet to make up for this.

Hoosier

The Polaris dealer in Watersmeet rents fan cooled Poos.

You might consider renting in Houghton, if you can make it work with your group. I haven't rented for a few years, but the prices were always better up there. Everts and Dans Polaris were always good to us, and I think there are others who support this site there as well.

snoprox

Cloverland Motorsports in ironwood, rents brand new 2012 POLARIS and Ski doos
Cloverland Motorsports
300 e. cloverland dr
Ironwood Mich.
800-932-1202
thanks
Wally

lgscguy

Your only other option right around LG is Gogebic Sports Center but I have heard this year he will only be renting fan cooled sleds. Marlin is adding extra rentals to the fleet to make up for this.
We here at Lake Gogebic Sport Center will be renting the new 2012 550 IQ shifts and the new 2012 550 LXT this is in response to the many complaints about oil consumption on the 600cc IQ sleds we rented in the past. We strive to give our customers a reliable rental unit that performs well the 550's have always performed well in the past and also are a lot cheaper to rent especially this year as we have dropped the prices!! The performance difference in the 600/550 engines in my opinion were not worth the extra oil consumption not to mention the reliability issues associated with the 600 engines. We are VERY much still here renting sleds and are now in our 18th year of doing so!!

WOW! Thanks guys for all the nods! We are really looking forward to seeing everyone again this year! This years Ski-Doo rental line up is getting bigger. We are renting 2012 MXZ XP 550 fans and the MXZ XP 600 ACE four stroke (no oil and great gas mileage). We are also renting the tried and true liquid cooled MXZ XP 600 sport. Not to mention the MXZ XP 600 Grand touring sport 2-ups. All have electric start, reverse, hand warmers, thumb warmers, and plug-ins for heated shields. For more info you can click on http://www.timberlinesport.com/snowmobiles.shtml. You may want to call early because we are booking up fast.